Please fill out our Intake Form.
Misdemeanor traffic offenses are much more serious than basic infractions. Infractions such as tailgating will result in fines and points on your record and rarely could result in jail time. Misdemeanor traffic offenses can result in fines and even jail time but more importantly can leave you with a permanent criminal record.
The lawyers of Tilem & Associates, PC have defended many people accused of traffic offenses throughout the New York City area, including the 5 boroughs, Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County, as well as Larchmont, White Plains, Mamaroneck, Yonkers and more. Contact us for a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers.
We can help you with charges of:
- Failure to appear on an appearance ticket
- DWI or DUI
- Bad brakes
- Reckless driving
- Leaving the scene of an accident involving a personal injury
- Driving without proper registration
- Aggravated unlicensed operation
We also handle traffic-related felonies, such as driving with a suspended license or operating with a revoked registration. We maintain a full-service New York traffic offense defense practice, assisting people with everything from DWI to speeding.
How We Can Help
If you plead guilty to a misdemeanor traffic violation, you will have a permanent criminal record in the State of New York. In addition,the court will not deliberate much about what punishments to give you. You will get the standard fines, points on your license, and possibly jail time, without the opportunity to give your side of the story and possibly get a reduced sentence.
Our attorneys have a history of convincing courts to free our clients from unreasonable penalties. We can negotiate for non-criminal pleas, lesser punishments or challenge charges in court. Often, if you take a misdemeanor traffic violation to trial, police officers may not bother to present enough evidence or even show up to court.
Tilem and Associates, PC is ready to help you with your misdemeanor traffic violation. We can be reached by phone at (914) 833-9785, or by E-Mail.
- Are New York Police Required To Read A Driver Their “Miranda Rights” Before Questioning Them During a Car Stop? If you’re stopped by the police in New York (Greenburgh, White Plains, Harrison, etc) for a traffic infraction such as speeding, should the police ....
- New York Speeding Tickets: Speed Not Prudent Charge Cannot Be Based Upon The Mere Happening of An Accident Have you been charged in New York with “speed not prudent” by an officer who did not witness the alleged offense? Were you involved in an accident ....
- GUILTY PLEA IN NEW YORK DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATE CASE VACATED BECAUSE DEFENDANT’S ATTORNEY DID NOT PROVIDE MEANINGFUL REPRESENTATION If you are charged with Driving While Intoxicated [VTL 1192(2), (3)] in New York, the criminal defense attorney you choose can be one of the most ....