John CampbellManaging Partner
John Campbell, the firm's managing partner brings his varied legal experience, vast legal knowledge and zeal to win cases for the firm's clients to every case the firm handles.
Mr. Campbell's legal experience includes appellate arguments, jury and bench trials, representation before administrative tribunals, Article 78 proceedings in both New York Supreme Court and Appellate Courts and also includes supervision and training of other lawyers at the firm.
In an effort to continually enhance the firm's practice, Mr. Campbell continually attends various courses, classes and certificate programs, including:
- National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers 2009 DUI Defense Seminar (October 2009). This three day class was sponsored by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National College for DUI Defense. It focused on many areas of DWI defense including breath, urine and blood testing, cross-examination techniques and toxicology issues.
- Wrongful Death Compromises. Class taught by Westchester County Surrogate Anthony Scarpino on wrongful death compromise proceedings in New York Surrogate Courts.
- Driving Under the Influence Detection. This is an 8 hour course offered through Blackwater Worldwide. Blackwater Worldwide offers training to, among others, military, security and law enforcement professionals. This DUI Detection course is taken by many law enforcement members throughout the country. This course focuses on several areas including but not limited to, the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests which include the Walk-and-Turn, One-Leg-Stand and the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus.
- Trial of a Criminal Case. New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers class on the skills and ethics involved in trying criminal cases in New York State Courts.
- Narcotics Field Test Training. This is a two hour class offered through NIK Public Safety Inc. It focuses on the field testing of substances to determine whether they are an illegal narcotic. NIK Public Safety is the manufacturer of the Narcotic Field Testing Kits utilized by many law enforcement agencies throughout New York State. This is the same course that many law enforcement members take.
- Practice and Procedure in Traffic Court. Course designed to update and refine the practice of law in New York State Traffic Courts and compare the practice in different areas throughout the State.
- Contested Probate Proceedings. Class taught by Westchester County Surrogate Anthony Scarpino on practice and procedure of litigating the probate of Wills in New York Surrogate's Courts.
Mr. Campbell is member in good-standing of Local 731 of the Laborer's International Union of North America and is sympathetic to the problems facing our working men and women. After the attacks of 9/11, Mr. Campbell participated in the recovery effort at the World Trade Center disaster site "Ground Zero". At that time of national crisis, from September 2001 through August 2002 Mr. Campbell logged over 1500 hours on the recovery effort. The Suffolk County Legislature awarded Mr. Campbell a Proclamation of Appreciation for his efforts at Ground Zero.
In his private life, Mr. Campbell enjoys coaching, working out and is an avid football fan. In the fall of 2007 Mr. Campbell was signed by the New Jersey Revolution, an arena football team in the Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL). (Below) John Campbell (#92 Blue) in action during the 2008 CIFL season.
J.D., Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York, 2003
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: Academic Excellence Award: Legal Methods I
Honors: Academic Excellence Award: Sales
Honors: Academic Excellence Award: Remedies
Honors: Academic Excellence Award: Family Law
Honors: Academic Excellence Award: Criminal Law
Honors: Academic Excellence Award: Employment Law
Honors: American Bar Association Employment Law Award
Honors: Teaching Assistant: Constitutional Law I
Honors: Teaching Assistant: Constitutional Law II
Honors: "9-11" Service Award
B.S., Iona, New Rochelle, New York, 2000
Major: Criminal Justice
A.A.S., Berkeley College, New York, 1998
Honors: Graduated Dean’s List
Honors: Graduated High Honors
Honors: G.P.A. - 3.875
Honors: National Honors Society
Honors: Outstanding Student Award: 1997 through 1998
Honors: Phi Theta Kapa
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeNew York, 2004
U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Local 731, Laborer's International Union of North America
Westchester County Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
New York State Defenders Association
New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers